October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Every Wednesday during the month of October, we will be supporting breast cancer awareness through our Pink Lancaster Campaign.
Pink Lancaster is organized by Advantage Lancaster, a program designed to provide inner-city youth choices to create a winning life plan. One of the reasons we raise money in support of cancer research is because we believe that showing youth the impact of community building establishes a sense of pride and responsibility within them.
To get involved, supporters can purchase a Pink Lancaster T-shirt online. On Wednesdays, people wearing those shirts can receive the following special offerings from local business partners:
- El Jardin: 1 free Pink Lancaster T-shirt with $25 purchase.
- Federal Taphouse: 10% off your meal.
- Good Spirits: book with Good Spirits for a combination of their bartending services and provisions package and receive 25% off your total. You will also be entered to win a free mixology lesson for you and 15 friends. They’ll come to your home and show you the ropes and how to concoct the trendiest beverages. Mention Pink Lancaster Campaign when you inquire.
- Pasquale’s Italian Garden & Pizzeria: free slice of pizza on Oct. 26 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Soul Restaurant: 10% off your meal.
- That Shuu Girl: 10% of your purchase.
- Tellus360: 20% off your meal.
- The Candy Factory: one free day pass.
- Yorgos Restaurant and Lounge: 10% off your meal.
- Mio Studio: 10% off anything in the store.
- Coe Camera: 10% off all print orders.
- Cafe Di Vetro: 10% off your purchase.
Supporters and sponsors also include Lancaster City Alliance, Latin American Cultural Center, Excelsior, and Fine Living Lancaster. The Mayor of Lancaster, Richard Gray has made an official proclamation to make Wednesday, October 26, Pink Lancaster Day. There are plans for a special celebration the night of October 26 at Tellus360.
Advantage Lancaster hosts a special fundraising event every year to raise money in support of cancer research during the month of October. This year and for the past two years we have partnered with the A. Barshinger Cancer Institute and Tour De Pink. Since 2012, Advantage Lancaster has raised over $14,700 in support of cancer research for organizations such as American Cancer Society, A. Barshinger Cancer Institute, and Young Survivor Coalition.